Poppleburn is a hugely impressive six-bedroom detached villa built circa. 1990 and is set within leafy south facing gardens. Over the years the current owners have significantly configured, extended and upgraded the property to be a superb family home. The house sits on level plot surrounded by lush green lawns, mature gardens and trees. Approached by a double driveway from Grange Knowe the house has a generous area for parking either in front of the property or in the large integrated double garage.
Grange Knowe is widely regarded as one of the premier addresses within Linlithgow and is nestled just off Blackness Road. The property is only a short walk from Linlithgow town centre, train station and all its amenities.
The principal accommodation is extensive and extends to approximately 3,400 sq. ft. over two floors with well-presented and spacious rooms throughout. The significant ground floor layout offers exceptional open plan living but retains several beautifully appointed private reception rooms.
In all, the internal accommodation can be summarised as follows;
- Glazed entrance vestibule.
- A large reception hall which has a WC and a large storage cupboard which is currently used a small cloakroom. The beautifully crafted Oak staircase with glass panel inserts leads to the first-floor landing.
- Double doors lead from the hallway into a rather impressive lounge which is dual aspect and further benefits from high quality wooden flooring.
- The well-appointed dining room is carpeted with French doors leading out on a raised decking area in the garden.
- The open plan kitchen/living area is the real heart of the home and is an ideal living space for the growing family. The kitchen features an excellent range of unit and drawer space, quality worksurfaces, a kitchen island and an extensive range of fully integrated appliances.
- Owing to a large feature window along with two Velux skylights, the sun room has a truly bright and airy feel and makes for the perfect breakfast room.
- The large extension further offers a spacious living room which notably features an all-important wood burning stove and two sets of tri-fold doors which bring the outside in when fully opened.
- To the front elevation there is a more intimate sitting room with a built-in bookcase which make the room an ideal study space.
- Completing the accommodation on the ground floor is a large, fully equipped, utility room which provides access to the integrated double garage.
- The large bright gallery landing, which is carpeted, provides access to the majority of the first floor rooms and has two storage cupboards.
- To the west elevation, the supremely impressive master bedroom suite offers all the space you could ever want and is further enhanced by a dressing room and an ensuite bathroom which features a built-in vanity unit, counter top sink, concealed WC, a freestanding bath and a walk-in shower.
- There are two similarly sized two bedrooms situated next to the master bedroom which would make ideal bedrooms for children.
- To the east elevation, this opulent family home offers two further bedrooms with integrated wardrobe space and ensuite shower rooms.
- Newly installed, the contemporary family bathroom is fully tiled and features a built-in bath, concealed WC, wall mounted vanity with sink and a separate shower cubicle.
- Finally, completing the accommodation on the first floor, there is a single bedroom which could also be used as a study.
Poppleburn is a substantial property and offers various possibilities with versatile living accommodation throughout, prompt inspection is highly recommend.
Outside, the property offers something for everyone, whilst the incredibly private setting of the plot really becomes clear by the various sections and pockets of the garden fully enclosed by the beautiful established greenery. Our clients have made a fantastic job of nurturing the garden over the course of their ownership, with an expanse of level lawn (simply ideal for safe child’s play) married nicely with stone chippings, patio and raised decking area. To the front, there is a large driveway which offers parking for several cars as well as well-stocked mature front garden largely laid to a lawn and provides excellent privacy.
The property has gas central heating, double glazing and a partially floored loft.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.
Council Tax Band G
EER Band C
- All 1's in Home Buyers Report, Well-Maintained Property
- Significantly Extended and Reconfigured Six Bedroom Detached Family Home Situated on a Generous Garden Plot
- Exceptional Amount of Living Space to Include Five Reception Rooms and a Large Open Plan Kitchen/Diner
- Situated in a Highly Sought After Leafy Residential Pocket of Linlithgow, Easy Access to Town Centre, Train Station and M9
- Three Ensuite Bedrooms with Built In Wardrobe Space, plus Three More Bedrooms
- Large Integrated Double Garage and Driveway
- Our Reference: PRLS1978
- Tenure: Freehold
- Type: Detached House
4 The Vennel
Telephone: 01506 82 82 82
- Springfield Primary School0.14 miles
- Low Port Primary School0.80 miles
- Linlithgow Primary School1.39 miles
- St Joseph's Primary School (Linlithgow)1.39 miles
- Linlithgow Academy1.45 miles
Distances are as the crow flies and the property listed may not be in the schools catchment area.
Back to search
- Linlithgow0.79 miles
- Polmont5.24 miles
- Uphall5.34 miles
- Livingston North5.81 miles
- Bathgate6.28 miles