Modern detached home, with self-contained annexe, situated on a generous plot in convenient location near Edinburgh. If you’re looking for a large family home with exceptional outdoor living space, then look no further.
Dhorbru built in 1999 and is a spacious detached home, extending to 3,200 sq. ft, set amongst beautiful garden and notably private grounds amounting to approx. 2.5 acres. The property occupies a substantial, yet notably private plot, and further benefits from a large driveway and detached triple garage.
The accommodation begins with a vestibule which leads into a large hallway with a glass partition separating the hall from the sitting room. The wonderful well-proportioned sitting room has a fireplace, with a beautiful Jotul gas flame effect stove inset, and glazed double doors to the decked terrace which offers lovely views towards the tree lined garden and is ideal for outdoor entertaining.
There is a formal dining room again with wonderful garden views. Of particular note is the high-quality island kitchen, featuring a range of base and wall mounted units with integrated appliances such as the De Dietrich five ring gas hob, Stoves double oven, NEFF dishwasher and others. Positioned next to the kitchen/breakfast room is a dual aspect family room and a well-equipped utility room with WC.
Excluding the annexe, this wonderful family home comfortably hosts four well-appointed ensuite bedrooms with integrated wardrobe space. The main family bathroom benefits from a luxurious Jacuzzi bath whilst the master bedroom offers an exceptional amount of wardrobe space, dressing room and the largest ensuite shower room.
The self-contained annexe, which has separate external access, will certainly add to this property’s appeal with the accommodation layout consisting of a hallway, living room, conservatory, kitchen, ensuite bedroom with built-in wardrobes and a separate WC. The annexe has a separate boiler powering the heating system.
Externally, our clients have been particularly attentive, with the large garden grounds maintained to an exacting standard and would be ideal for child’s play. The plot offers more intimate outdoor living spaces such as the decked terrace, patio, pergola all ideal for entertaining. The bulk of grounds are laid to lawn and are well-kept. In terms of parking and garaging, the property is serviced by a detached three berth garage and a large gravel driveway. Maintenance of the grounds is made easier by excellent sufficiency of outdoor water taps and power points.
This well-maintained property has underfloor heating, a Worcester Bosch boiler, an integral vacuum system, double glazing and an alarm system.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.
Council Tax Band G
EER Band C
- Magnificent Detached House Set Amongst 2.5 Acres of Beautifully Kept Leafy Garden Grounds near Edinburgh
- Exceptional Outdoor Living Space Rarely Seen on the Market - Ideal Semi-Rural, yet Conveniently Located, Home for the Growing Family
- Tremendous Bright and Airy Living Space, All on One Level, Extending to Three Public Rooms and Four Bedrooms with Separate Annexe
- Four Generous Proportioned Ensuite Bedrooms with Built-In Wardrobe Space, Excellent Air BnB Potential or Similair
- Wonderful Home with Self-Contained Annexe with Private External Access, Kitchen and Conservatory
- Well Maintained Garden Grounds with Detached Triple Garage and Gravel Driveway
- Our Reference: PRLS2702
- Tenure: Unknown
- Type: Detached Bungalow
4 The Vennel
Telephone: 01506 82 82 82
- Pinewood School0.42 miles
- Seafield Primary School0.77 miles
- Murrayfield Primary School0.83 miles
- Our Lady Of Lourdes Primary School0.96 miles
- Blackburn Primary School1.20 miles
Distances are as the crow flies and the property listed may not be in the schools catchment area.
Back to search
- West Calder1.78 miles
- Addiewell1.91 miles
- Bathgate2.48 miles
- Livingston North3.06 miles
- Livingston South3.87 miles