A truly special residence, this detached blonde sandstone villa dates from circa 1900 and is quietly nestled down a leafy road in the heart of Old Bo’ness. The four bedroom property, with garage and gated driveway, perfectly marries serenity with convenience, as its expansive garden plot and stunning views totally belie its location which is only a short commute from Edinburgh and Stirling.
The property has been under our client’s custodianship for a number of years and is presented to market in a really fine condition, it would an ideal walk-in condition home for the growing family.
Whilst relatively grand in scale, some 1,600 sq. ft. and with high ceilings, the villa provides easy family living with its seven principal apartments providing corners and retreats for all ages, whilst then garden, which is presented to an exacting standard further provides exceptional outdoor living space. In all, the internal accommodation can be best summarised as:
- Storm porch with fully glazed inner door.
- Carpeted L-shaped hallway.
- Exceptionally generous master bedroom, carpeted, with high ceilings and window providing river views.
- An equally spacious second bedroom which overlooks the garden.
- Contemporary fully tiled bathroom with a wall mounted vanity unit with sink and waterfall taps, underfloor heating, LED mirror, WC and a larger style P-shaped bath with shower over.
- Gorgeous lounge, entered via double doors, with a large bay window and built-in gas fireplace.
- Dining room with Edinburgh cupboard and double doors leading out into the garden.
- A magnificent, bright and airy, kitchen/diner illuminated by three skylights and features a plentiful amount of unit and drawer space, a Rangemaster range cooker, extractor hood, splashback and under counter lighting.
- Completing the accommodation on the ground floor there is a well-equipped utility room with sink and freestanding appliances. A back door from the utility room provides access to the driveway and detached garage.
- Accessed from the landing, to the left, there is a large bedroom with built-in wardrobe space.
- On the opposite side there is a child's bedroom also benefiting from integrated storage. The property notably has excellent storage space throughout.
- A truly stunning shower room services the two first floor bedrooms. The high-quality shower room features fully tiled walls, underfloor heating, concealed WC, a wall mounted sink and walk-in shower – it’s simply wonderful.
Externally, our clients have been particularly attentive, with the fully enclosed rear garden laid to lawn, stone chippings, paviours and a raised decking area. The garden space, secured by recently painted timber fencing and a stone boundary wall. A timber garden shed offers further charm. To the front of the property, a generous area of Monobloc driveway, fully gated, provides off-street parking for at least three or more cars and there is a handsome detached garage providing further parking or storage space. The front garden is presented to an exacting standard with lawn and decorative flower beds bordered by an impressive stone wall.
The property has gas central heating and double glazing.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.
Council Tax Band E
EER Band D
- A Truly Unique Blonde Sandstone Detached Villa Situated on a Generous Garden Plot with Garage and Driveway
- Exceptional Views over the River Forth, Ochil Hills and Beyond
- Roomy Accommodation Layout over Two Floors Including Two Public Rooms, Four Bedrooms and a Large Kitchen/Diner
- Well Maintained Front and Back Gardens Featuring Mature Flower Beds, Decking Area, Gated Monobloc Driveway and Detached Garage
- Presented To the Market in Immaculate Condition Throughout
- High Quality Ground Floor Bathroom and a First Floor Contemporary Shower Room with Walk-In Shower
- Our Reference: PRLS2605
- Tenure: Freehold
- Type: Detached House
4 The Vennel
Telephone: 01506 82 82 82
- Kinneil Primary School0.31 miles
- Bo'ness Public School0.39 miles
- St Mary's RC Primary School0.64 miles
- Bo'ness Academy0.70 miles
- Deanburn Primary School0.82 miles
Distances are as the crow flies and the property listed may not be in the schools catchment area.
Back to search
- Linlithgow2.70 miles
- Polmont4.42 miles
- Falkirk Grahamston6.68 miles
- Falkirk High7.08 miles
- Dunfermline Town7.24 miles