Design the life of your dreams, at 36 Bowyett, an utterly unique home with an abundance of indoor and outdoor living space, nestled at the far easterly end of the peaceful semi-rural village of Torphichen near Linlithgow.
- Substantial 5 Bedroom Semi-Detached Home (former Police House)
- Idyllic Village Location in the rolling West Lothian countryside
- South Facing Garden with Decking and Excellent Views
- Generous Fully Enclosed Front Garden
- Built in 1955, 170sqm or 1,829sqft
- Immaculately Presented Throughout, Walk-In Condition
- Large 2/3 Car Monoblock Driveway with Garage and Store
- Bright, Airy and Spacious Accommodation over 3 Levels
- Roomy Hallway and Landing
- 4 King-Size/1 Double Bedrooms, 3 Reception Rooms
- Bathroom and Ensuite
- Contemporary Kitchen with Clever Storage Systems and Built-In Appliances
- Utility Room
- Exceptional Amount of Storage Space
- Mains Gas Central Heating
- Double Glazing
- High Speed Internet
- Sky Dish
- Mains Drainage and Water
Good to Know:
- 1 Minute Walk to Greenside Play Park and Football Pitch
- 4 Minute Walk to Torphichen Primary School
- 5 Minute Walk to Local Post/Corner Shop and the Torphichen Inn
- Quick Access to M9 Motorway and Edinburgh Airport (approx. 15/20 Minute Drive)
- Linlithgow Academy Catchment (Ranked No. 11 within Scotland School League Table 2021 – The Times)
- Shuttle Bus to Linlithgow Academy
Follow the pleasant countryside roads into the north side of Torphichen, take a left into Greenside before reaching No. 36 Bowyett tucked away on a generous plot at the end of the road. Take a moment to enjoy this peaceful and idyllic location, which is within easy commuting distance of Edinburgh, Stirling, and Glasgow.
Step into the large welcoming entrance hallway, with the bathroom neatly positioned at the other end where you can refresh after a countryside walk. There is a large storage cupboard underneath the staircase which provides ample space for stashing coats, jackets, and school bags.
Follow the flow through to the main living, which offers an exceptional amount of living space, with broad double doors bringing the outside in and offering pleasant views over the front garden and beyond.
Room leads onto room, the sitting room overlooks the neighbouring fields and could be used as a games room for the kids, but more likely, it is an ideal space for a day-to-day home working. Sliding doors lead out onto the decking in the wonderful back garden.
The contemporary kitchen/breakfast room makes for a versatile and practical, cooking and dining space. In its current format, the kitchen provides plentiful unit and worksurface space as well as quality integrated appliances.
Next door to the kitchen, a third reception room is currently used as a formal dining room and is the perfect space for entertaining friends and family.
When sleep beckons, bedroom bliss awaits on the two upper floors of this property. Take the half landing staircase up to the first floor, home to four well-proportioned bedrooms, an ensuite shower room, and an exceptional amount of storage space. There is another bedroom on the second floor as well an attic room.
Continue outdoors, where a fully enclosed, sun trap garden beckons. The fully surrounding timber fencing not only creates a courtyard feel, capturing the best of the sun's warmth, there are also nooks for planting within it; as well as a large decking area and a covered terrace where you can dine alfresco.
*For more photos and information, download the brochure on desktop. For your own hard copy brochure, or to book a viewing please call our Linlithgow office*
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.
Council Tax Band D
EER Band C