CLOSING DATE – FRIDAY 23RD FEBRUARY 2024 AT 12PM OFFERS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY YOUR SOLICITOR TO OUR LINLITHGOW OFFICE VIA EMAIL
A showstopper of a home that effortlessly blends traditional charm and contemporary comfort. Tucked away on the outskirts Dechmont, Afton Cottage with its fabulous interior and impressive garden offers your own ‘cosy cottage’ lifestyle.
- Impressive 3 Bedroom Detached Cottage of the Highest Quality
- Golden Opportunity!
- Dates from 1880, 95sqm or 1,022sqft
- Handsome Stone Built Victorian Property
- Hugely Improved by the Current Owners
- Fabulous Garden Landscaped to Perfection – The Ultimate Outdoor Entertaining Space!
- Timber Built Garden Room
- Private and Unoverlooked Back Garden offering Raised Vegetable Beds and a Fire Pit with Seating Area
- Wonderful Semi-Rural Location in Dechmont, Adjacent to Rolling Countryside
- Integral Single Garage and Driveway
- Bright, Light and Spacious Accommodation – All on One Level
- Immaculately Presented to an Exacting Standard, High Quality Interior, 100% Turn Key Condition
- Excellent Quality Fixtures and Fittings
- Generous Light-Filled Kitchen/Living, with Velux Windows, measuring approx. 43sqm – Ideal for Having Parties!
- New High Quality Wood Burning Stove Installed in 2022
- Stunning Kitchen with a Central Island Breakfast Bar and Integral Appliances
- Plentiful Dining Space
- 3 Well Proportioned Bedrooms
- Ensuite Shower Room for the Principal Bedroom, and a Separate Family Bathroom
- Large and Well Equipped Utility Room
- Ideal Home for a Young Outdoorsy Family or Downsizers!
Good to Know:
- Gas Central Heating and Double Glazing
- Sky Dish
- Insulated Loft with a Pull Down Ladder with Light Installed
- Working Alarm System
- Lots of Countryside walks on your doorstep
- What 3 Words ///dice.helpfully.recruiter
- Dechmont Primary School Catchment
- Excellent Transport Links
Conveniently accessed off the A899 between Dechmont and Uphall, with its speedy links to Edinburgh and Glasgow, Afton Cottage sits ideally positioned within the central belt.
Park up on the driveway in front of the integral singe garage, and make your way through the gated entrance and into the garden where a sense of space and separation is instantly felt, behind timber fencing and mature greenery.
Thoughtfully and inspiringly improved, Afton Cottage has been well maintained during the current owners time here and offers the new owners a contemporary yet charming semi-rural home in a convenient setting within easy reach of the central motorway network.
Make your way inside, entering the hugely generous kitchen/living area, where garden views are prevalent once more through multiple windows, and combined with the large skylights, the whole room is effervescent with natural light.
This impressively sized living space serves as the heart of the home, a perfect place for entertaining throughout the year. Double doors offer excellent views out to the showstopper garden - which wraps around the home in a comforting blanket of green.
There is a stylish, yet practical kitchen complete with modern luxuries such as high-quality integrated appliances, a central island breakfast bar and a built-in coffee machine. Dinner parties are well catered for as there is ample dining space next to the kitchen, with enough space for a full-size dining table and chairs. Next door, there is a well-equipped utility room which has integral access to the garage.
A Tardis-like home, revealing its scope room by room, there is a large king size principal bedroom, brightly lit by natural light flowing in through a large window overlooking the garden to the side. This bedroom further offers an ensuite shower room which is stylish and contemporary in design.
Completing the accommodation on offer, the property offers two more spacious bedrooms, which are light, bright, and cosy all at once. These rooms are serviced by a family bathroom.
Outside, the sublime surroundings of Afton Cottage create a bubble of outdoor relaxation separating this semi-rural home from the wider world. A solidly built timber garden room could be an ideal home working space and is currently used a music room.
The garden has a large area laid to lawn and is bordered by mature plants and shrubs, awash with colour in springtime when the various flowers and shrubs bloom. Elsewhere, there are raised vegetable beds sure to delight any green fingered buyer.
Overall, the garden is an excellent social outdoor living space. With plenty of room for kids play, as well as space for an inflatable hot tub and a pizza oven. You can also dine al fresco around the fire pit, which seating all the way round.
This property was brought to the market by Chris Platt of Paul Rolfe Linlithgow, and he would be more than happy to discuss any aspect of this remarkable countryside home, please call the Linlithgow office to arrange a call back.
To book a viewing please call our Linlithgow office.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.