Retreat to the rural and tranquil Bonsyde Cottage to discover a versatile and spacious home, where traditional meets contemporary, situated in rolling Scottish countryside. Roomy inside and out with stunning views in every direction and just ten minutes from the bustling town of Linlithgow, what more could you need?
- Utterly Unique 4 Bedroom Detached Family Home
- Truly a Once in a Generation Opportunity
- Equestrian Facilities
- Very Desirable and Peaceful Location within Easy Reach of Edinburgh
- Original Stone Built Cottage dates from 1900
- Professionally Extended to offer 181sqm or 1,946sqft
- Showstopper Open Plan Kitchen/Living Space measuring 33sqm, with a South Facing Sun Terrace
- Magnificent Semi-Rural Plot measuring approx. 2.70 Acres (including a Fully Enclosed 2 Acre Grazing Pasture with two secure gates); Providing Long Term Protection of Those Stunning Views
- Large and Beautifully Maintained Garden and Woodland Area
- Stable Block
- Driveway with Very Generous Parking Space, Large Enough for a Motorhome or Horse Box
- Far Reaching Vista over the Forth Valley
- Notable Breathtaking Views over the Royal Burgh of Linlithgow, towards Cockleroi and Beyond
- Excellent Potential to Extend, Add Value or Perhaps Take Advantage of the Exciting Prospect to Create a Bespoke New Garden Ground Within the Blank Canvas of the South Facing Field
- 2 Spacious Reception Rooms with the Sitting Room offering Extensive Views
- Working Fireplace in the Family Room
- Spectacular Living/Dining Area with Floor to Ceiling Windows offering Fabulous Views
- Spacious Sun Terrace with Glass Balustrades
- Luxurious Kitchen with High Quality Worktops, Integrated Appliances and a Breakfast Bar
- Generous Principal Bedroom with Built-In Wardrobes and an Ensuite Shower Room
- 3 Further Well-Proportioned Double Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Well Equipped Utility Room
- Contemporary W/C
- Ideal Home for a Young Outdoorsy Family
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Shared Septic Tank
- Mains Water
- Mains Electricity
- Internet Connection
Good to Know:
- What 3 Words ///case.promotion.important
- Linlithgow Academy Catchment (Ranked within the Top 25 Scottish Secondary Schools - Sunday Times Parent Power Schools Guide 2023) - Rural School Transport Availability Subject to Application to West Lothian Council
- All Permissions/Building Warrants in Place for Extensions
- Loft with 300mm Insulation
- Short Stroll to West Lothian Golf Club
- 20 Minute Drive to Edinburgh Airport
- 10 Minute Drive to Linlithgow Town Centre and Train Station
- Lots of Countryside walks on your doorstep
- Working Alarm System
The traditional whitewashed harling and slate roof of this four bedroomed detached house stands naturally in the surrounding landscape of crisp green fields, hedged lanes, and small outcrops of woodlands.
Conveniently accessed off the A706, with its speedy links to Edinburgh and motorway connections beyond, Bonsyde Cottage sits ideally positioned within the central belt.
Make your way onto the large gravelled driveway of this magnificent home where a sense of space and separation is instantly felt, behind a screen of mature trees and rolling emerald lawn. A natural garden, tall woodland trees and mature hedging to the periphery are a haven for wildlife.
Ample parking is available, alongside a detached stable block offering stabling for two animals, with a separate feed store positioned nearby. There are two secure wooden gates providing access to the field, one being accessed from the road, and another within the grounds of the cottage.
Radically improved by the current owners, Bonsyde Cottage has been well maintained during their custodianship and offers the new owners a contemporary yet charming semi-rural home in a convenient setting within easy reach of Linlithgow.
Make your way inside and into the hugely generous open plan living and dining space, which is a divinely light room, with garden views to three angles as well as a far reaching vista over Linlithgow. A relaxing room which is perfect for entertaining, open the sliding doors in summertime to soak up the sunshine on the large south facing terrace, elevated above the capacious, lush green grounds. A covered seating area, with a wall mounted heater, allows for alfresco dining all year round.
Follow the flow through to luxuriously spacious kitchen. This practical kitchen comes complete with modern luxuries such as high-quality integrated appliances, a built-in breakfast bar and space for an American style fridge/freezer. Above the sink, a broad window captures verdant views out over the garden. Next door, a well-equipped utility room houses the laundry appliances.
Next door, there is a spacious sitting room where stunning panoramic views are prevalent once more through a wide south facing window, filling the room with light. The impressively sized sitting room, and family room, are two versatile and generous reception rooms.
A Tardis-like home, revealing it's scope room by room, continue moving through the house to arrive at the principal bedroom, brightly lit by natural light flowing in through a large south facing window overlooking the field. This bedroom further offers an ensuite shower room, which is stylish and contemporary in design.
Completing the accommodation on offer, the property offers three more spacious bedrooms, which are light, bright, and cosy all at once. These rooms are serviced by a family bathroom.
Gardens and Grounds:
Outside, the sublime surroundings of Bonsyde Cottage create a bubble of nature separating this semi-rural home from the wider world.
The property is surrounded by an area of lawn which is bordered by mature, tall trees and shrubs, awash with colour in springtime when the various flowers and shrubs bloom. Typical of Scotland, this natural garden and the neighbouring field, rises and falls in very gentle hilly fashion, perfect for Easter egg rolling and children's adventures.
Wrapping around the home, explore the pathways through the garden and woodland, building dens, playing hide and seek and enjoying a sense of freedom rarely experienced in modern society.
The pockets of woodland combine to create a buffer between the property and the countryside beyond. A home with so much to offer, Bonsyde Cottage is a haven of relaxation within easy reach of Edinburgh.
This property was brought to the market by Chris Platt of Paul Rolfe Linlithgow, and he would be more than happy to discuss any aspect of this remarkable countryside home, please call the Linlithgow office to arrange a call back.
To book a viewing please call our Linlithgow office.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.