A hidden oasis tucked away in the village of Westfield. Discover the irresistible appeal of Echobank, a sizeable late Victorian semi-detached cottage with so much to offer.
- Charming 3 or 4 Bedroom Semi-Detached Cottage
- Sought After Semi-Rural Location
- Linlithgow Academy Catchment
- Dates from 1890, 140sqm or 1,506sqft
- Positioned on Corner Plot with Mature Leafy Gardens
- Garden Room
- Fully Enclosed Boundary with Handsome Stone-Built Wall (Dog and Child Friendly)
- Gated Driveway with Parking Space for 1 Car
- Fabulous Countryside Views
- Stunningly Presented Throughout, 100% Walk-In Condition!
- Beautiful Interior Décor
- High Ceilings
- Bright, Light and Airy Accommodation over 2 Levels
- 2 Generous Reception Rooms
- 3 Large King-Size Bedrooms
- Wood Burning Stove
- Contemporary Kitchen with Integral Appliances and a Gorgeous Ceramic Sink
- Impressive Shower Room with a Rainfall Shower
- Spacious Landing and Hallway
- Study with Great Views!
- Large Utility Room with Lots of Storage Space
- Downstairs WC
Good to Know:
- Central Heating (Oil Fired) and Double Glazing
- Mains Electricity, Water and Drainage
- Leafy, Quiet, Semi-Rural Village Location
- Less than 15 Minute Drive to Linlithgow
- Linlithgow Academy Catchment (Ranked within Scotland’s Top 25 Secondary Schools – The Times 2022)
- Short Stoll to Fabulous Countryside Walks
- 10 Minute Drive to Armadale Train Station
As the arterial roads capillary off into peaceful leafy lanes, arrive in the semi-rural village of Westfield where Echobank is proudly positioned on a large corner plot, at the junction with Strathavon Terrace. There is a gated driveway providing ample parking space for one large car.
Nestled snugly between Bathgate and Linlithgow, and within easy travelling distance of Edinburgh; enjoy the best of both worlds, away from it all yet within easy reach of roads and transport links when duty calls.
Make your way to the stone-built storm porch, a practical comfort to the home, whilst giving an excellent first impression. Steeped in history, Echobank is a beautiful late Victorian semi-detached villa, dating back to the late 1890s. High ceilings instantly elevate this period home, as do the various period features on display throughout, with particular mention being given to the cornicing in the dining room.
Turning left upon entry to the lower level, seek sanctuary in the serene lounge, a formal space where light streams in through the broad window overlooking the front garden and the farmer’s fields beyond. The ultimate entertaining space, impress friends and acquaintances in this large, light room, with plenty of space for large items of furniture. Pour a drink and relax, listening to the crackles of the wood burning stove recessed into an open stone fireplace.
Continuing through, step into the family room or dining room. A sociable everyday room, it forms the ideal everyday hub of the home. Feast in formality and style, or cosy up and read a book, and enjoy the fine vista. Next door, there is a large bedroom which is currently used as a home gym.
Crisp, inviting and traditional in style, this wonderfully spacious kitchen offers wooden units providing plentiful storage space as well as integral appliances – a gorgeous ceramic sink adds a lovely finish touch. Plenty of windows provide views over the garden, drawing daylight through. The large utility room/rear porch with its stable door provide an ideal entrance on rainy days when returning home with the shopping.
Freshen up in the shower room, with sea blue harmonizing with the added contemporary edge of Metro ribbon tiles, nicely framing heritage style fixtures and fittings. In the morning, enjoy the powerful rainfall shower before starting the day.
Returning to the half landing, ascend to the upper floor. Currently accommodating two relaxing and soothing king-size bedrooms as well as a study area. The bedrooms to the front elevation offer a far-reaching vista over the local countryside.
Echobank Cottage represents an oasis of calm in the busy bustle of the central belt. It’s generous walled garden, with a garden room, will strike up instant appeal with buyers. The mature plot is filled with a wide variety of plants/fruit trees and offers the perfect plan to relax and unwind…it soaks up the sun for a large part of the day.
This property was brought to the market by Chris Platt of Paul Rolfe Linlithgow and he would be more than happy to discuss any aspect of this charming cottage, please call the Linlithgow office to arrange a call back.
To book a viewing please call our Linlithgow office.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.