Leave the working week and city behind you and seek sanctuary in the seclusion and tranquillity of the countryside, at Strathavon Cottage, a handsome stone built cottage offering sublime garden grounds and a generous amount of living space.
- Impressive 3 Bedroom Detached Cottage in a Fabulous Semi-Rural Locale
- Linlithgow Academy Catchment
- Handsome Stone Built Period Property offering Excellent Kerb Appeal
- Dates from 1880, 124sqm or 1,334sqft
- Hugely Improved by the Current Owners
- Positioned on a Generous Plot measuring approx. 0.2 Acres
- Well Maintained Wraparound Gardens Largely Laid to Lawn
- Professionally Landscaped Back Garden featuring a Patio and a Hot Tub
- Detached Garage/Workshop, Car Port and a Timber Shed
- Gravelled Driveway with Parking Space for 4 or 5 Cars (Ideal for Camper Vans, Boats and Motorhomes!)
- Wonderful Semi-Rural Location in Rolling Countryside, and within easy reach of the M8 and M9 Motorways
- Excellent Panoramic Views
- Immaculately Presented Throughout, High Quality Interior, 100% Turn Key Condition
- Entrance Hallway with Storage Cupboard
- Generous Lounge with an Open Fireplace
- Stunning Kitchen/Diner offering Integral Appliances, a Gas Range Cooker, Butcherblock Worktops and a Belfast Sink
- Multi Fuel Stove in the Kitchen/Diner
- Sun Room (currently used as a Home Gym)
- Study or 4th Bedroom
- King Size Ground Floor Bedroom
- 2 Bright and Airy King Size Bedrooms Upstairs accessed from the Landing
- New Velux Windows Installed in 2022
- Contemporary Bathroom and Shower Room
- Lots of Storage Space
- Thoroughly Excellent Value for Money!
- Excellent Potential to Extend (Subject to Planning Permission being granted)
- Mains Water and Drainage
- Gas Central Heating (LPG)
- Combi Boiler
- Internet Connection
Good to Know:
- Double Glazing Throughout
- 10 Minute Drive to Linlithgow
- 5/10 Minute Drive to Armadale Train Station
- Excellent Range of Countryside walks on your doorstep
- Linlithgow Academy Catchment (Ranked within the Top 25 Scottish Secondary Schools - Sunday Times Parent Power Schools Guide 2023)
- What 3 Words ///stones.airfields.letters
This exceptional property offers a tremendous opportunity for those seeking a peaceful and idyllic lifestyle, with the added benefit of being within the catchment area of Linlithgow Academy. Positioned in an ideal location, which is within easy reach of Edinburgh and Glasgow, it presents an ideal setting for families to flourish and grow.
Boasting spectacular garden grounds, laid to lawn and extending to approximately 0.20 acres, this property offers an abundance of outdoor space for relaxation and recreation. The generously proportioned garden is sure to become a haven for green-fingered enthusiasts or those simply seeking a tranquil retreat within the comfort of their own home.
Upon entering the property, one is greeted by an impressive accommodation layout and ample storage space. The spacious lounge, complemented by an open fireplace, creates a cosy and inviting atmosphere.
Follow the flow through to the generous kitchen/diner provide an ideal day-to-day living space for growing families. This contemporary area of the property offers the perfect setting for entertaining guests or gathering loved ones around the table for meals.
The stunning kitchen is well equipped and features a range of integrated appliances, butcherblock worktops, a ceramic Belfast sink and a rather impressive gas range cooker.
Elsewhere on the ground floor, there is a study which is currently used as a home working space, and a sun room which overlooks the back garden.
Upstairs, there are two bright and airy king-size bedrooms. Downstairs, there is a third king size bedroom which offers ample space for guests, or it could be used a family room.
The bedrooms on the first floor offer fabulous panoramic views over the picturesque countryside and beyond, truly a sight to behold.
The property also includes a contemporary shower room and bathroom, adding a touch of modernity and convenience to every-day living. With an excellent amount of storage space throughout, there is no shortage of room for organising and storing belongings.
Adding further appeal, this property features a detached garage/workshop with barn doors, allowing for secure storage of vehicles or the pursuit of hobbies and home projects. There is a further timber garage and car port.
Additionally, the generous gravelled driveway provides ample parking space for multiple vehicles, ensuring convenience for homeowners and their guests.
Gardens and Grounds:
Outside, the green and leafy surroundings of Strathavon Cottage create an abundance of outdoor living space, which are fully enclosed making it child and dog friendly.
The showstopper back garden was recently professionally landscaped and now features a sunshine patio and a hot tub which can be included in the sale by negotiation.
This property was brought to the market by Chris Platt of Paul Rolfe Linlithgow, and he would be more than happy to discuss any aspect of this wonderful home, please call the Linlithgow office to arrange a call back.
To book a viewing please call our Linlithgow office.
Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact the selling agent for items, fixtures and fittings included in the sale.
The floorplan, description and brochure are intended as a guide only. All prospective buyers are recommended to carry out due diligence before proceeding to make an offer.